jueves, marzo 23, 2006

Rufus on Bariloche and Patagonian Giants! Cuac!

Extracto de un mail de Ruth sobre su experiencia en Bariloche:

"It was very apt for me to be reading Bill Bryson´s A Short History of Everything while going through the pampa on the way to Bariloche. The part of the book that fascinated me most, was continental drift. It was remarkable to finish the chapter on the subject, and see, through the similarities in landscape, that Africa and South America are sisters. Bariloche itself was more like Switzerland, not only in looks ;) but also because of the Swiss influence. There is much to do outdoors in Bariloche, but I stayed in my hostel for three days recovering from the ol` annual flu-cold. Thanks to nothing less than a course of antibiotics, Chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture performed by Californian doctor Jason, I felt better in no time. And naturally the hostel, located halfway up a mountain outside the town, and accessible only by foot for 4x4 was the ideal place to recover. I met the most amazing people – thank you Emma and Craig, Jason, Alex, Katlyn, Nicky and German for your company! (German is the closest I came to meeting a Patagonian Giant, though I should probably not mention that he is from Buenos Aires and lives in Santiago!)"


Jua juaaa...si claro..soy descendiente del cacique "Patoruzu"

No hay comentarios.: