jueves, marzo 09, 2006

Another day in the box.

Daily picture: "Not now kid!!..I'm busy!."

I just finished reading "Las Bailarinas" (The Dancers) by Yasunari Kawabata and I didn't quite like it. It's probably one of Kawabata's most boring novels - to be fair him, this might be a really particular case since most of his work is truly amazing.
I also finished reading "Como mojar una galleta", I thought - at the moment i purchase the book - that fisics applied to everyday tasks should be a funny thing to read. I was wrong, there's nothing funny in fisics, regardless of the context in which you apply them.
I have two more books for today, hopefully I'll finish them tonight. These two, I bought them at the airport - "Cuentos y Relatos Patagonicos" by Elias Chucair and "Che Boludo! - A gringo's guide to understanding the Argentine" by James Bracken. The first one is a set of short tales based on the lifestyle of the argentinian gauchos. Being an argentinian myself, the book doesn't surprise me but i thought it would be good to widen my reading expertise. The other one i found it extremely funny and couldn't stop reading. It's a dictionnary (or something like it) containing idioms, slang and literal translations of argentinian most common expressions. I'll try to post a few tomorrow for you to see.

Saturday night - Velodromo Estadio Nacional Santiango de Chile

No hay comentarios.: